What is quantum?
Quantum technologies are critical for our future. Thanks to nanotechnology, we have learned to see and control tiny quantum particles. This means that we can build qubits, which are the building blocks of quantum computers.
What quantum can do
- Provide better traffic modelling
- Simulate catastrophic weather events
- Support faster drug trials
- Detect disease at very small scales
- Map with extreme precision
- Model renewable energy systems
- Vastly improve cybersecurity
Australia's Vision for Quantum
Australia's vision for the quantum vision will be set out in the National Quantum Strategy.