Seeking knowledge and expertise to tackle COVID-19
A new database designed to make it easier for Australian experts to contribute to tackling COVID-19 has been launched, championed by Australia’s Chief Scientist, Dr Alan Finkel.
An initiative of the Learned Academies of Australia, the purpose of the COVID-19 Expert Database is to be a resource for governments, business, researchers and others who are looking for information to support their endeavours in addressing the pandemic and its impact.
“I am very pleased to be involved in championing this initiative, which allows easy access to Australia’s leading experts,” said Dr Finkel.
“I encourage those whose knowledge and experience can inform us in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic to register their details as soon as possible.”
The COVID-19 Expert Database is a collaborative effort between Australia’s learned academies, the:
- Australian Academy of Science
- Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences
- Australian Academy of the Humanities
- Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia
- Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering
- Australian Council of Learned Academies.